Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Just Chuggin' Along

The usual questions plus a few bonus ones at the end!


How Far Along: 26 weeks, 2 days

Size of Baby: 1 2/3 lbs, approx. 14 inches long (about the length of an English Hothouse Cucumber).
Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: I bought my first pair of maternity pants, and wondered why I had waited so long! They are soooo comfy.

Movement: Everyday! Even though it's kept me up a couple of times in the night, I still love it. She's had the hiccups a couple of times which is funny. I love when we talk to her and she kicks back. :-)

Sleep: I have weird dreams all the time and I've started to sleep a lot less deeply, but for the most part I think I've been blessed in this area.

What I Miss: My non-compressed, regular sized bladder! 

Cravings: Still don't really have those. I think cravings must be a pregnancy myth. 

Symptoms: same stuff as before, tiredness, occasional abdominal and back pain, hunger! 

Exercise: I've been blessed to be able to continue exercising everyday just as I did before being pregnant. I go to Zumba twice a week, do Pilates twice a week, and either bike, do yoga, or swim on the other days. I have needed to make many modifications in my Pilates class, but other than that, I feel like I can do most anything that I could do before! 

Best Moment: Staring at my belly and watching it move all over the place!  

I feel like not much has really changed in the last month (except for getting a lot bigger and unmistakably looking like a pregnant lady!), so here are some bonus questions. Don't feel obligated to read on- if you just want pictures scroll to the bottom! 

Who did you tell first, and how? Sam of course, and he actually knew before I could even tell him! I picked him up from school (I had found out a few hours earlier) and I was just in the best mood ever and could not stop smiling. I had put the at home pregnancy tests that I had taken in a plastic bag, and then put the bag on a fridge with a magnet. I wanted him to just see them and be surprised, but before he saw those, he was already investigating in the bathroom because somehow he knew I was hiding something from him! After looking around in the bathroom he found the empty box and said from the bathroom, "Elise???" He came out and asked me if I was pregnant and then the rest of the details are a bit fuzzy. I just know there was a lot of hugging and crying and laughing and just overall joy in the kitchen that night. :-) 

Who was more excited about having a baby (you are your hubby)? I think it's safe to say that we were both pretty elated. I've been dreaming about starting my own family and being a mommy for years, and I notice babies wherever I go! Ever since we got married (and probably even since we were seriously dating, to be honest), having a baby and starting a family with Sam was on my mind a LOT. Sam says, "probably Elise, but I was obviously very excited." 

What will you name her? This is by far the number one question I get asked (especially if the Jr. High girls that I teach are included). We are 98% sure what her name will be, and we call her by that name all the time. We want to keep it our little secret for a little while longer though before we tell everybody, because it's kind of fun to have it be our secret and we want to be 100% sure before we tell everyone else. Stay tuned and you might find out in the next couple of posts! For now, you can refer to her as baby girl. :-) 

Okay, I think that's all for now! If you have any questions you want to see answered on my next blog post, post a comment and let me know! 





3 comments:

  1. elise you look so dang cute and pregnant! so excited for you two! let's get together again soon! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting Elise! You are so close! I can't wait to see what a cutie pie she will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this soooo much!! You guys should get maternity pics taken--you are the cutest preggo ever. Love you!

    ReplyDelete