Background

Sunday, February 24, 2013

22 Weeks on 2/22


How Far Along: 22 weeks, 2 days

Size of Baby: At our last appointment (3 weeks ago) the baby weighed 10 oz. Right now, she probably weighs about 1 whole pound! How exciting!

Baby girl is about the length of a spaghetti squash (11 inches)


Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds. Keep em' coming!

Maternity Clothes: I still just wear a t-shirt and sweats for teaching PE everyday at Timpview High School, so those are regular clothes. I can physically still button all my pants... but it's not comfortable, so I usually don't! I've worn a couple of maternity shirts, but I feel like they don't quite fit yet, so I still wear normal shirts for the most part.

Gender: Girl girl girl! We found out about three weeks ago and couldn't be more happy! When we were told it was a girl, we just felt happy and really good like we knew all along that she was a girl (even though we really had no idea before we found out).

Movement: All the stinkin' time! I love it. It's incredible how much more real it feels now that I can feel (and see!) that tiny little human moving around inside of me. I already love her so much, and I tell myself that her frequent punches and kicks are her way of telling me she loves me too. :)

Sleep: I still wake up to use the bathroom once or twice. I'm getting used to sleeping on my side instead of my back which is good. For the most part, I don't have any sleeping issues yet!

What I Miss: Nothing! 

Cravings: Nothing really! I still eat goldfish a lot and oranges and apples are delicious, but I don't know if they are really "cravings." 

Aversions: onions still (but mostly just the smell of them- I can eat them just fine!)

Symptoms: stuffy nose at night time, not being able to bend over very well, slight "pregnancy brain" every now and then (forgetfulness)

Best Moment: When Sam felt the baby REALLY kick for the first time. He feels her kick all the time now, but the first time was a little bit magical. :) 

Overall, I'm doing well! Our baby girl is happy and healthy and we can't wait to meet her! 


4 comments:

  1. I love the update! You are looking great! We will need to get together again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so fun! I love your little baby belly!!! You look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet little helga!

    ReplyDelete