Last night Sam and I enjoyed another of Denver's endless forms of family entertainment. We went to the Red Rocks amphitheater, a huge outside theater right smack dab in the middle of the giant red rocks. The drive was so beautiful with the green mountains looming nearer, then all of a sudden the mountains were red! It reminded me of Grand Junction and was such a pretty little drive!
A lot of events are held here during the summer, including Film on the Rocks. Every other Monday they play a movie on the giant screen and tons of people come to watch! The movie that played last night was "ET." A movie that I hadn't seen for years! What a classic! I had vague memories of watching it when I was young at my grandma and grandpa Davis' house and feeling cool that I got to watch a big kid movie, so apart from being a great movie, it brought back some good memories. It rained for a while before the movie actually started, but it was still really fun. I was pretty impressed that the amphitheater stayed completely full even though rain is generally a setback for these kind of events. I guess in Colorado the weather is just part of the experience.
I saw a lot of people whip out their cameras to take a picture of the screen during the classic "Elliot and ET riding his bike through the sky in front of the giant moon" part. I wish I would have thought of that, but alas, we just got pictures before the movie started. Anyway, it was a really fun date night and is definitely a place that I would bring my family back to someday in the future.
Friday, July 13, 2012
IN MAY WE...
- Played in 26 intramural games (Ultimate Frisbee, Kickball, Soccer, and Men's and Women's Softball)
- Took 9 exams
- Traveled to Grand Junction and listened to Amazing Emma give her valedictorian speech
- Went to a BYU Baseball game
- Traveled to Price for Olivia Powell's baptism
- Began training for a marathon
|We had a blast playing on our different intramural sports teams. Many of the teams were made up of the same people, but this is a picture of our Ultimate Frisbee team.|
IN JUNE WE...
- Ran approximately 60 miles each
- Moved to Centennial, Colorado
- Started an Accounting internship with Ernst and Young (Sam)
- Went to Elitch Gardens
- Watched the Rockies beat the Padres at Coors Field
- Watched an AMAZING fireworks show from the Rockies field
|Our first amusement park together! Lots of dizzy dizzy roller coasters!|
|Waiting in line for Disaster Canyon so we could get wet and cool off in the 100 degree weather!|
|From our seats in left field|
|From the field!|
IN JULY WE...
- Started working at Woody Creek Bakery and Cafe (Elise)
- Watched a lot of Wimbeldon
- Drove to Idaho for a Groberg Family reunion (also Elise's first time in Idaho)
- Ran some more
- Played Chutes and Ladders, Disney Trivia, and Brainquest (Trivia for 1-6 graders)
|The AWESOME cabin that we stayed in for the reunion. There is a giant slide next to those red stairs that goes all the way from the top to the bottom! It was huge!!|
|Frisbee golf, volleyball, swings, outdoor bowling, hikes, board games, card games, and eating ice cream were among many of the activities that took place.|
July has many more memories waiting to be made so maybe you'll hear about them sometime in... September-ish? Or maybe I'll be a better blogger and I'll keep you up to speed in real time. I guess you'll just have to wait to find out! :-)