Background

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Film on the Rocks

Last night Sam and I enjoyed another of Denver's endless forms of family entertainment. We went to the Red Rocks amphitheater, a huge outside theater right smack dab in the middle of the giant red rocks. The drive was so beautiful with the green mountains looming nearer, then all of a sudden the mountains were red! It reminded me of Grand Junction and was such a pretty little drive!

A lot of events are held here during the summer, including Film on the Rocks. Every other Monday they play a movie on the giant screen and tons of people come to watch! The movie that played last night was "ET." A movie that I hadn't seen for years! What a classic! I had vague memories of watching it when I was young at my grandma and grandpa Davis' house and feeling cool that I got to watch a big kid movie, so apart from being a great movie, it brought back some good memories. It rained for a while before the movie actually started, but it was still really fun. I was pretty impressed that the amphitheater stayed completely full even though rain is generally a setback for these kind of events. I guess in Colorado the weather is just part of the experience.

I saw a lot of people whip out their cameras to take a picture of the screen during the classic "Elliot  and ET riding his bike through the sky in front of the giant moon" part. I wish I would have thought of that, but alas, we just got pictures before the movie started. Anyway, it was a really fun date night and is definitely a place that I would bring my family back to someday in the future.



1 comment: