Background

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Season for Giving Thanks

December has crept up on me so quick, I thought I'd better give November some adequate attention before moving on to Christmas! There are so many things that I am thankful for, just to name a few:

My sweet husband! We were married three months ago from today and it has just been wonderful. He makes me laugh everyday and we just have so much fun together! I'm so thankful he's mine!


School: Sam and I are both blessed to attend such a great university where we are learning so much each day.  With that being said, I am also grateful for...

Thanksgiving Break! Sam and I drove down to Tempe, AZ to be with his family for Thanksgiving and it was very nice! It was great to have a little break from school. The weather was beautiful, the food was great, and the company was even better! We had fun making pies, playing games, golfing, playing tennis, playing volleyball, and just relaxing! At the end of the week we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Mesa, AZ temple. The Christmas lights were beautiful and we were thankful to have had that extra time to fit that little trip into our week.



Family: Boy do I love my family! One of the highlights of Thanksgiving weekend was learning of the birth of my new nephew on November 26th. The next day we were able to visit baby Carson and his parents in the hospital and we've since been able to visit him many times in his home. He's so sweet and small and I just love him to pieces already!




The Gospel: I'm thankful for the Gospel and all the blessings that come from it. I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for his loving and atoning sacrifice for me. He set the perfect example of how one should live- serving and loving others. I hope especially as Christmas is around the corner, we can remember why we celebrate the birth of Christ. He is such a glorious being and as our gift to Him, I think we could all try to be a little bit more like Him.

5 comments:

  1. Elise! I am going to follow your awesome blog! SO glad you have one :-) If you want to follow ours, give me your email, and I will invite you! Love ya and so glad you are doing great :-D Brooke Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! i'm an avid follower already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! I love blogs and I love you. How perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the tiniest baby ever! Also this blog is pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise, I love it!! I too, am now an avid follower (at least in desire..;). I miss you guys!!!!! We need to do something!! What are you doing over Christmas? I'm assuming you'll be down in AZ, but when do you leave?

    ReplyDelete